Tuesday 7 December 2010

Bottle Alley Ukulele Stroll Numbers 2 and 3

The second Bottle Alley Ukulele Stroll. This time we had mulled wine. And fairy cakes. A special mention must go to Isabella's fairy cakes.

We followed roughly the same pattern as the 1st one. We all meet up at Warrior Square end of Bottle Alley. Those with ukes tune up and try and agree the chords to a song. On the first Stroll we had Hastings Pier Is Burning Down, with uplifting lyrics contributed by Members Of The Stroll, and Oh I Do Like To Be Beside The Seaside.

This time we had The Sun Has Got His Hat On: a request from one of the younger strollers at Stroll 1. We stop in each of the three bays for refreshments and a change of song. At the third bay members of HUSS: the Hastings Ukulele Sunday School, play a few of the songs that we know: mainly YMCA and The Monster Mash.


Whether this is how they will all go I don't know. It will be hard to sustain. Mixing endurance and tenacity with fun will not always work. And I am concerned that nobody should feel obligated to join in something this foolish and repetitive.

On this occasion there is a Hastings Ukulele Sunday School session down the road so some of us continue down there.

Bottle Alley Ukulele Stroll Number 3.

Starting from the Warrior Square end of Bottle Alley the third half mile of my 52 week 26 mile Bottle Alley Ukulele Stroll takes place at 4pm on Sunday 14th November. This week there will be performances and poetry, recitations and light.

The strolls start at 4, which is a bit stupid really as I have to shut the shop up and get to the start of the stroll in no minutes at all. I can't remember why I didn't schedule them for 4:30. Anyway, the result is that I'm always racing time, as usual amd I'm never as prepared; musically, psychologically, sartorially or in any other way as I would like.


I'm surprised and pleased that anyone has turned up; Lucinda with 2 friends. This one's swifter, no stops for tea, we just march on through Bottle Alley till we get to the other end, where we chat before parting.
My facebook post:

A wonderful afternoon and an intimate low key Bottle Alley Ukulele stroll. One and a half miles done. Only 48 strolls left to complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment